Currently my life includes: writing a paper for my european nationalism class, studying for my literature final, pretending to study for my literature final, hoping to study for my grammar final, looking online for new a new apartment, waiting patiently for an email response for an apartment that I liked, figuring out when I can move between finals and my travels, thinking about thinking about classes for next semester, and finally eating/ watching tv to escape all of the things I need to do.
That being said, along with the five thousand other things that are going on in my head, are these three general musings.
1. When you walk around the same area for a long time, you don't really notice the details. Today, as I walked home from class, I decided to look up at the different buildings and architecture, and wow there are some beautiful buildings! I would never have noticed them, so good thing I walked around with my head tilted back, looking ridiculous. The music coming from my ipod also added to the experience. Try it out in your own neighborhood. I'm sure you'll see details you've never noticed before.
2. The people who in Spain who work in supermarkets (or really any service-type job) seem to have it in their job training that they need to be miserable, and never smile. They also don't believe in customer service (ironically) and seem to think that by coming into their store, you are in fact inconveniencing their life. To all you Spanish supermarket workers, if this is what you learning in training, then great job, keep it up. You're the most miserable people I know. (Other than the portera that works in my building. When she comes to collect the trash, you can be sure that she will do it was some angry muttering and a permanent frown.)
And finally number 3. Which... I can't really remember what number three was. But let's just roll with this: The spanish school system is, in my opinion, isn't a very efficient way to educate people. The students don't do any work, other than go to lectures (sometimes) during the whole entire semester. Then come the end of the semester (keep in mind that the majority of classes are like this) the professors crack down and expect you to remember everything you've learned for the one single final exam at the end. Or in my case, essay, presentation, or final. It just seems like a really odd way to educate people. Oh well, finals + one more semester, and then I will be back taking classes in the California school system. Let's hope this year hasn't killed my GPA...
![]() |
| Not from my school (its a sign in english...) but still funny. |
Overall I'm just a little stressed right now, but it will get better. As soon as I get an apartment and finish finals, I will be off traveling again! This time: February 2nd til the 7th visiting my Godmother and family in Paris, and then the 7th til the 12th traveling in the Czech Republic, Austria, and Hungary. I will be staying in the capital cities of Prague, Vienna, and Budapest!
So! I just need to make it through the next week, and some how do well in my classes, and find an apartment, and then life will be good....
Wish me luck!
This song brings me back to reality during the stress of it all:

No comments:
Post a Comment